How To Update a BOARD18 WEB Site
These instructions should work for any Upgrade that does not involve a database change.
How to update an existing BOARD18 web site using Linux
There is a shell script in the utility directory which should be used for Board18 WEB Site Updates.
This script, called BOARD18update, will completely update all the pages, scripts, styles and PHP functions of a board18 web site. And it will first create a backup of the site.
Perform the following steps to make an update:
1. Upload the relevant BOARD18 zip file to the server root directory.
2. Uncompress the zip file.
[myserver]$ unzip board18-x.x.x.zip
3. Move to the existing utility directory.
[myserver]$ cd utility
4. Make sure that the BOARD18update and control.sh files in this utility directory contain the following comment:
# This is version 5 of this script.
If this is not true then replace these files with the ones in the board18-x.x.x/utility directory that you just unziped.
5. Before running the script, you must edit the control.sh file which is also found in the utility directory.
The three directory paths in control.sh must be correct or the web site being updated could be damaged.
[myserver]$ pico control.sh
6. Run the script.
7. Test the updated web site.
How to update an existing BOARD18 web site using Windows
If you have a Windows environment please modify the above Linux instructions, test them and then enter them here.
How to update an existing BOARD18 web site using a MAC
If you have a MAC environment please modify the above Linux instructions, test them and then enter them here.