How to create a new game box download
The gamebox repository on GitHub is being retired. Thus the following procedure is deprecated and will eventually be replaced. In the interim please use this page as a guide for assembling (and testing) the .zip files for new game boxes.
These instructions assume that you already have a game box development environment.
The command lines below assume that a zip file for 1830-REP01 is being created. This string should be modified to the correct name in all of the listed commands.
Perform these steps on your development PC
Perform these steps once
- If necessary, checkout the branch for the required gamebox release.
- Start an edit session on the config.sh file in the GAMEBOX/makebox sub directory.
# This file must be updated with the proper parameter before # BoxMake is run to create a new BOARD18 game box. # Set boxesRoot to the boxes directory in the GAMEBOX directory structure. boxesRoot=~/NetBeansProjects/GAMEBOX/boxes/
- Perform the edit specified in this file as shown above.
- Save the edited file.
Perform these steps once for each game box
- Open a command line window.
- cd to the GAMEBOX/makebox sub directory.
- Enter on command line:
Where 1830-REP01 is the name of the game box file in the control sub directory of the boxes directory without the .json extension.
- This script should create a zip file in your root directory called something like board18-1830-REP01.zip.
Setup the Download on the BOARD18 WIKI
- Go to the BOARD18 WIKI.
- Upload the newly created zip file into the wiki.
- Edit the Download Game Boxes page to add the new release.